Friday, March 30, 2012

HELP!!! Printer Delivery Extension not Printing Landscape

Hello All,

I'm using SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services, and I'm trying to have subscriptions print. To try this, I built, installed, and configured the printer delivery extension sample provided by Microsoft.

Everything appeared to be working fine. That is, I can schedule a report to print automatically using the printer delivery extension. However, the problem is that the reports always print portrait.

We have a number of reports--some are portrait and some are landscape. So, obviously, I need the landscape reports to print lanscape.

I've even tried "hard-coding" the page width and page height parameters in the printer delivery extension to try to force it to print landscape, but it still always prints portrait.

Would any one know how to have reports that are delivered to a printer actually print in the way they are created (i.e., print landscape if the report is set up as a landscape report)?

Do I have to use the IMAGE format? Could I use PDF? If so, how?

Thanks!

Hi,

there is a likewise issue if you use linked reports in RS - the linked report does not contain the original page settings.

It probably could be that you would have to set the page settings programmatically like described by Brian Welcker for the linked reports:
http://www.fits-consulting.de/blog/PermaLink,guid,e3f1cf4a-f9d6-44d8-86e5-84a59531f87c.aspx

hth...

cheers,
Markus

|||

Thanks for the info. Markus. Unfortunately, setting the page settings programmatically didn't help. All reports and linked reports always print portrait, not landscape.

Therefore, would any one have any ideas on how to use the printer delivery extension and make scheduled reports be delivered automatically to a printer and acutally print in landscape?

Please see me original post and let me know if more info. is needed to answer my questions.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment